We're feeling excited to launch the Chainflow Livepeer Seed Program today. Through this program, Chainflow will delegate 2000 LPT to 2-4 new Livepeer Orchestrators.
The Livepeer Streamflow upgrade completed on January 13, 2020. As a result, the active Orchestrator (formerly Transcoder) set expanded from 25 to 100.
Chainflow's been an active Transcoder since August 2018. The Seed Program is our small gesture to give back to and continue supporting Livepeer by helping decentralize its stake. We intend to do this by encouraging 2-4 new Orchestrators to join the active set.
How It Works
Chainflow will delegate 2000 LPT to between 2 and 4 new Orchestrators. The number and allocation will depend on the applications we receive.
What We're Looking For
- Transcoders with a current delegation between 0-100 LPT
- Alignment with Chainflow's core values
- Demonstrated experience operating mission critical network infrastructure
- An interest in Livepeer that goes beyond financial gain
- Commitment to bringing an Orchestrator online within 2-4 weeks of selection
- Commitment to operating the Orchestrator for at least 6 months
- Commitment to operating a highly available and secure Orchestrator
- Not missing more than 2 reward rounds per month for the first month, then not missing more than 1 reward round each month after that
- A reasonable reward and fee share structure
What You'll Get
- A 500-1000 LPT delegation for at least 6 months
- Mentoring and support
How to Apply
Submit your application in the comments of this Livepeer Forum post. Use the above list to structure your application.
The application deadline is Saturday, February 1, 2020 at 0000 UTC.
We hope this small gesture results in 2 to 4 more dedicated and capable Orchestrators joining the active set. We hope a larger Orchestrator set will help decentralize stake by providing a larger Orchestrator setfor delegators to choose from.
Finally, we challenge other established Orchestrators to sponsor their own seed program. This would further help expand the set and encourage stake decentralization.