Chainflow's looking for a co-founder. I've been bootstrapping the company for 2+ years. Now feels like the right time to start expanding.
You can learn more about Chainflow and Chris here -
- Chainflow Staking
- Chainflow Validator and Staking Network Advisory
- Chris' and ChainflowPOS' Twitter accounts
- Chris' personal blogs, Just Rolling with It and untitled free form blog
Finding the right co-founder is the first step. I've thought long and hard about who this person is. The list below is my best effort to describe what I believe is the human who would be the right co-founder fit.
Right now, I believe the right person is a technical co-founder, i.e. CTO. That's the focus of this list.
Please contact email@example.com or @chris_remus on Telegram if you're interested in discussing this with me.
Recommendations and referrals are greatly appreciated 🙏
Who you are:
- You are a security-minded DevOps pro who’s passionate about decentralized software
- You love blockchain technologies and are excited by their potential to make the world a better place
- You’ve done Ansible and Terraform automation before, and are excited to do more
- You have experience with implementing monitoring and alerting systems
- You’re an advocate for open source and you regularly contribute
- You have p2p networking experience
- You know your way around cryptography, specifically HSMs and Key management
- You have experience with staking
- You need/want to see decentralization's potential fully manifest to create a much fairer and more equitable wealth and power distribution than the one that exists in today's society
- You believe Proof of Stake can help manifest that fairer and more equitable distribution
- You believe the existence and survival of smaller validator operators is critical to Proof of Stake's success in manifesting that distribution
What you’re like as a person
- You’re located outside of NYC, preferably outside of the US and are comfortable working remotely and independently.
- You understand the need for at least a light project management process.
- You have a high EQ and are mature, self-aware and conscious.
- You have a sense of self and trust your own judgment.
- You recognize the importance of a life outside of work and personal wellness.
- You’ve tried, failed, and succeeded more than once at doing your thing.
- You approach conversations collaboratively. You think that two open minds approaching a conversation can generate ideas that are more than the sum of their parts.
- You appreciate deep work.
- You are driven by more than financial gain.
- You’re excited to be a CTO and dive into the technical details, while letting the CEO (me) take the lead on setting the vision.
- You see the business as a win-win situation for everyone. You’re not looking for a big cash-out and would be happy running this business for 5 or more years.
- You can support yourself, income-wise, while we build out the business and determine a funding strategy together, over the next 3-6 months.
What you’ll do:
- Implement validators on testnet and production networks
- Automate our day-to-day DevOps operations
- Maintain and optimize our security strategy
- Maintain and optimize our monitoring and alerting tooling
- Explore and develop complementary product offerings to encourage stake decentralization